'The US will announce a target for reducing greenhouse gas emissions before next month's UN climate summit, according to a White House official'.
While I finished reading this article, I am still skeptical that USA and China could come to terms with climate change issue with the UN climate change summit in copenhagen just round the corner.
First of all, US Congress is delaying to put legislation to curb green house gas emission even though the House of Representatives had passed the bill. I just wonder if B. Obama will be coming up with something ahead of the Summit?
According to the report released from USA, B. Obama will be participating the Summit provided hispresence would increase chance reaching agreement among 192 parties!
Nevertheless, I can see very slim chances such scenario would tak place as it's a tough job for such a lot of nations could come into terms on relevant topics (e.g. how much to share funds between developed/developing countries, target to reduce Carbon Dioxide etc.).
Another point is China; whome I reckoned that they will not be come to terms with others in their own interest!
They only care about economic growth regardless how serious they polluted the environment. We have to bear in mind "it's deeds that matters, not just words".
China is an authoritarian nation under one party dictatorship. They are selfish, arrogant, aggressive, haughty, timid races, contrary to that, they are ambitious to dominate the world for decades to come!
From my perspective, we will be too glad if some sort of legal binding treaty could be reached as to replace Kyoto Procotol in next month. Wait and see!

沒有留言:
張貼留言